We have made a list of top grossing apps and categories in App Store 2022. Now let's take a look at the top grossing apps in Google Play Store 2022.
Google Play Store has an impressive library of apps. According to Statistica, there are 2.68 million apps on the platform. There are many categories of apps, but some always remain fan favorites. For instance, gaming has always been in the lead regarding revenue and downloads. Close second, entertainment is a growing industry with OTT apps like HBO and Netflix, which have a loyal fan base with new users adding up daily. The top five categories in the android apps ranking are listed in the table below.
Want to track the real-time download and revenue of your own subscription apps? Check out Appflow.ai, the best free subscription analytics platform. Create a free account (no credit card required) and try it right away!
Top Five Grossing Gaming Apps in Google Play Store 2022
Android app grossing report suggests that gaming was again the top grosser in 2022. It has a vast market and continues to dominate the app store too. The top five gaming apps ranking in google play store in 2022 were Coin Master, Lineage, Candy Crush, Roblox, and Genshin Impact.
- Coin Master: It is a free game first released by Moon Active in 2015. Today it is the world's highest-grossing game application, with over $471,720,342 in revenue. The primary objective of this game is to win coins and upgrade items. These items are then used to expand the player's village and attack other villages. The game is marketed under the 'adventure category' but uses gambling techniques. The players spin the wheel to win coins. Coin Master has over three million new users each month. With 100 million downloads, the top markets for this game are USA, UK, and Germany.
- Candy Crush: On the second number is Candy Crush, the top game developed by King.com. It is an addictive game that has over 250 million users. The players have to clear each level by creating a set of three or more matching jellies.
- Lineage: Everyone wants to visit the majestic kingdom of Aden! Aden is the fantasy world of the game Lineage. Lineage is a popular game series based on medieval fantasy. It is an MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game) developed by a South Korean company NCsoft based on the comic book of the same name. Launched in South Korea and the United States in 1998, it has over 30 million players on iOS and Android. Lineage M and Lineage 2 have generated over $ 4 billion in revenue on mobile. That is a significant number for a gaming application. It is one of the highest-grossing video games of all time, with a combined income of $9.7 billion per 2019 statistics.
- Genshin Impact: This award-winning game has quickly become a fan favorite. It is both a multiplayer and a single-player video game launched by miHoYo. The users can experience the magical world of Teyvat flowing with elemental energy. Genshin Impact is available for Android, iOS, PlayStation, and Windows, and the company is gearing up for release on Nintendo Switch. China, Japan, and the United States form the largest market for this fantasy game.
- Roblox: Roblox is different from your average game. Instead, it is a platform and gaming creation system that allows users to create unique games and play games created by other players. The users have the freedom to create games in any genre using Lua. Lua is a programming language. Roblox was slow to gain popularity, but since the late 10s, there has been no looking back. The pandemic only accelerated the success of Roblox. Even though Roblox is free to play, there are many in-app purchases to enhance the user experience. It has over 164 active monthly users, with most of the demographic comprising children under 16 years of age in America.
Source: Sensor Tower
Top Six Grossing Non-Gaming Apps in Google Play Store 2022
Here is the top list of apps in the google play store in the non-gaming categories in 2022.
- Google One: With the Google One subscription, you can access more storage on Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos. Google One is a paid plan for premium access to google storage platforms. Google attempted to add value to its apps and features with Google One. It has many benefits, like sharing storage with family members and adding editing features, and it also includes VPN for specific plans. It is available for all plans with more than 2 TB or Pixel 7 or 7 Pro. Google One has provided solutions for storage issues and emerged as the top-grossing app of 2022.
- TikTok: TikTok is a highly addictive app that quickly became popular due to its format and accessibility. The followers could become the creators with an easy-to-use interface. The short-format videos are easy to make and consume. TikTok was launched by the Chinese company ByteDance. As of early 2022, TikTok had 1 billion daily users worldwide. People share entertaining information about beauty, health, and personal finance. However, the most popular category remains comedy.
- Disney+: Disney Plus is one of the largest streaming platforms. Its vast network is spread over 108 countries with over 164 million subscribers, with new subscribers joining daily. The loyal fan base can be attributed to the fresh and unique content it churns out regularly. Disney has an impressive library with old classics and new-age content added periodically.
- Kakao: Kakao has 150 million users worldwide. It is an interactive app that allows users to connect worldwide. There are many options, like live talk, video chat, and live talk. Users can share media like photos, videos, webpage links, and locations. It was launched by Kakao Operation in 2010 and continues to be a widely used messenger. Most users are from South Korea, where Kakao is known as KaTalk. Kakao is available on most mobiles and desktops. It is available in fifteen languages and is compatible with macOS, iOS, Android, Windows, Bada, BlackBerry, and Nokia, among other leading operating systems.
- HBO Max: It is the era of streaming services, and HBO Max knows how to rule. HBO max emerged as a leading platform for streaming movies and web series. It contains HBO's old, exclusive, licensed content and more shows from Warner Media. Its ever-expanding library has some hit shows under the banner. It has 76.8 million global users in 150 countries. It generated $212,165,742 in the year 2022
- Tinder: Dating is hard, but thanks to Tinder, people can now find partners with a swipe! Tinder is a geosocial networking and online dating app with over 67 million annual downloads. It was the most installed dating app globally and is the first choice for many. The users put up a profile mentioning their interests and hobbies. Then they can swipe left or right to like or dislike profiles. If two people show mutual interest, it is a match. Tinder is always careful about safety and recently rolled out some new features to improve the user experience.
Source: Sensor Tower
We hope we answered your question, "what are the top-grossing apps in Google Play Store". Google play store is the home to the best apps. There are more than dash apps on the google store, but these apps left a mark with their services. These were the top-grossing apps in Google Play Store in 2022 that generated high revenues and continued to build a loyal fan base.
Want to track and manage real-time subscription data for your own apps? Appflow.ai is a subscription platform to build, analyze, test and grow your in-app subscriptions! Try it for free without credit card today!
Top Grossing Apps in Google Play Store 2022